e-Planner Version History
Version 3.3, Covid Upgrade (Released, 1 July 2020)
11+3 new features for easier event floor plan diagrams
1) Click 'n Drag To Fill In Floor Plan Area With Tables
Select table and click 'n drag to draw the area you'd like to fill in with tables.
In the example below we fill the floorplan with 96 round tables of 10 seats each (960 seats) setting a horizontal and vertical distance of 2m among them.
2) Table Borders – Social Distancing
Set Table Borders to easily see each table’s borders.
There are 3 Table Border options:
a. Show all table borders
b. Show the table borders of selected tables only
c. Hide table borders
You can set the desired Table Border distance from the Show/Hide Menu. Each table type has its own border shape: Round borders for round tables, oval borders for oval tables etc.
In the example below, we set table borders to 1m.
3) Clone Tables – Keyboard Shortcuts (Ctrl+D, Ctrl+V)
Clone tables at the exact distance you want.
There are 3 ways to clone a table:
1. Clone table up, or down, or left, or right, as many times you want.
2. Clone table down AND right, to fill in a rectangular area.
3. With the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+D, (CTRL+C -to copy) CTRL+V -to paste, to the right.
In all cases you set the exact horizontal/vertical distance you want between tables.
In the video below we initially clone a table 2 times to the right, at a distance of 2.5m. We then clone a table to the right (again at 2.5m), and then 5 times down, in 2 columns, setting a vertical distance of 2m between tables.
4) Spacer – Space Tables
To set the desired space between tables, select them, set the desired distance, and click on the vertical or horizontal spacer button.
In the video we initially increase the horizontal distance between tables from 2.5m (blue meter) to 4m (red meter). We then increase the vertical distance from 2m (blue meter) to 3.30m (red meter).
5) Mass Table Changes
Select the tables you want and change their number of chairs, color, dimensions and other common properties. With each multiple selection the common properties window opens to the right allowing you to make your desired changes.
6) Multiple Object Rotation
Select multiple objects/tables/furniture and rotate them all together, to easily keep the setup and distances at any angle.
7) De-select Multiple Objects
When making a quick multi-selection of objects, tables, chairs etc, you can right-click with your mouse and then de-select the objects you’d like to exclude.
In the example below, we have two kinds of tables: Round and Oval tables. If we need to change the color and number of seats in the round chairs only, instead of clicking (holding the [shift] key down) on each round table:
1. We quickly select all tables
2. Right-click and click to De-select the Oval tables
3. Change color and number of seats in the (remaining) Round Tables
8) Horizontal - Vertical Alignment
Easily align objects either through the Properties window or via the right-click mouse menu.
9) Alignment Guides & Snap
Added an alignment guide button. After inserting an object into the floorplan, the alignment guides show automatically and snap the object as it passes through the center-lines of other objects in the floorplan.
10) Chair Editor
You can set the exact default dimensions of your chairs, via the Chair Editor.
In this video the initial default dimensions of the Conference chairs are [48cm x 48cm]. From the Chair Editor we change them to [55cm x 50cm]. We then return to the floorplan, insert another table with conference chairs, and confirm the chairs’ default updated dimensions.
11) Chairs in [Tables & Seats] Menu
Add single chairs directly to the [Tables & Seats] menu to place them in the floorplan with a single click.
These chairs increase the total chair count, in contrast to the armchairs found in the Staging tile.
To add a chair in the [Tables & Seats] Menu: Click on
Tables & Seats> Setup> Add New> Theatre> Choose Chair Type> Give a Name, Seat per row: 1, Rows: 1> Add Lastly turn on the show switch.
This is a one-off process. Once you include this chair on the menu, it will always be available for all your events.
+1) Updated Mouse Cursor
The updated mouse cursor shows the actual dimension of the table that is going to be placed in the floorplan when you’re in default zoom. The cross in the middle signifies the starting point of the drawing area for the mass insertion of tables via [click ‘n drag].
TABLETS & SMART PHONES
When using the software from tablets and smart phones:
+2) TABLETS & SMART PHONES> Click 'n drag
To Click 'n drag, touch-hold-drag to draw the area to be covered by tables, and release when the desired area is covered.
+3) TABLETS & SMART PHONES> Right-Click Menu
To show the right-click menu in tablets and phones simply touch-and-hold.
Version 1.06 (Released: 23.02.2015)
- Welcoming and seating guests by SMS
- Vendor tile (Details for djs, photographers etc.)
- Improved guest search
- Direct access to Client Environment
- Added another child category in guest details
- Added squared tables, chairs only, and objects
- Counted Templates
- Synchronisation of guests in Back-up halls from clients
- Guest list export in Excel
- Print-out improvements
Version 1.05 (Release Date: 28.09.2014)
- Availability calendar
- Request management (option dates, cancellations & event restorations)
- Alternative event dates per event
- Back-up (alternative) event halls in case of bad weather conditions
- Automated calculation of empty seats per table
- Insert guests from Excel
- Lock client account before the event date
- Automated protection of sensitive guest details
- Read all unread messages from your extranet
- Add notes per event
Version 1.04 (Release Date: 23.04.2014)
- Multilingual capacity
- Added confirmation of events
- Added pending Offer Accounts
- Online Demo accounts
- Updated clients' default entry page
- Subdomains ([Your_Company_Name].eventreception.com)
- White Label
- Distinct category for forthcoming confirmed events
- Search Events with different criteria (name, hall, etc.)
- Code improvements and fixes
Version 1.03 (Release Date: 18.12.2013)
- English Language
- Added Contact module
- Automatic code protection of guests' contact details
- Crossing out completed tasks in Wedding & Christening calendars
- Inclusion of Contract Agreement (Number of guests, menus, prices, details)
- Added warnings to avoid user errors
- Added tooltips
- Different colors for easier identification of tables, replies etc
- Code improvements and fixes
Version 1.02 (Release Date: 02.09.2013)
- Added 2D floor plans as a background
- Managing multiple rooms
- Christening Calendar
- Sorting data with different criteria
- Added totals and counters for numbers of tables & seats.
- Added new fields in the Guest List.
- Added navigation buttons.
- Variable length of bridal table and buffet.
- Numbering tables.
- Code improvements and fixes.
Version 1.01 (Release Date: 21.05.2012)
- Seating guests at tables using the mouse.
- Adding and editing guest details with adults/children categories and guest rsvp's
- Guest lists - Seating guests at tables using the mouse
- Print outs
- Wedding calendar
- Using round and rectangular tables
- Table numbering
- Use of templates